Wednesday 25 August 2010

Like hot sauce on a cuban heel.

Last night we spent an entertaining few hours filming ourselves for the video for Sanity Check. I do not believe my hair put in a very good performance, but there’s not a lot I can do about that. My hair is self employed and if I criticize it too much it might just decide to leave and I don’t want that.

We also started work on our new cover song last night, to be unveiled on the 25th of September. I think it’s going to be pretty epic, not in terms of length but in terms of width. It’s going to have a lot of girth to it, which is a good thing so I am told.

We may have a couple of new tunes ready for September as well. One is a bit of a Krautrock steam locomotive that has made a bid for freedom, jumped the rails and is escaping down the autobahn. The other one is a bit harder to describe. It goes rurr rurr ruur, and then boodonk boodonk and then there’s a bit of nang nang nang nang nang before we get back to the rurrs. I’m sure you know what I mean.

Over the weekend I made Danish pastry. Not Danish Pastries, but pastry from a Danish recipe. It involved plain flour, bit of salt, butter and a big old dollop of cream. It was really very easy and very nice. So now, when you hear someone say “Danish Pastry” make sure you know whether they mean the puff pastry and cinnamon concoction or whether they are simply referring to a recipe from Denmark. It could save your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment